Joined: 05 Jun 2006
|Posted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 9:43 pm Post subject: What is new in 2.5
|What is new in GeSWall 2.5.
- GeSWall's Policy Notifications – background notifications on the GeSWall policy restrictions, such as prevented modifications to files/registry/processes/etc.
- Attacks Notifications. GeSWall looks over blocked resources for particular patterns which indicate a malware activity. Once such activity is detected GeSWall notifies about prevented attack.
- Key loggers prevention fixes and improvements.
- An additional rule preventing leaks of confidential data through low level disk access
- "Run Isolated" item in Windows Explorer context menu, that isolates an application associated with selected file.
- Visualization of GeSWall’s labels in Windows Explorer. GeSWall marks untrusted file icons with a red square and overlaid ‘G’ letter in the left bottom corner.
- Now GeSWall isolates any utrusted file opening in Windows Explorer. In early versions isolation is applied only if application was known (described in application database).
- Regular Expression (regexp) macro functions. The functions allow flexible application rules with substrings from configuration files and registry values.
- Status information on the basic GeSWall’s activity.
- Fix of "Isolate only jailed" security level, now it effectively disables GeSWall policy in standard configuration. This operation is available from the tray menu as well.
- Reduced logs amount, GeSWall logs engine essentially sanitized in order to reduce the number of irrelevant messages.
- Minor Console, tray icon operations and pop-up dialogs improvements
- Fixes for the application rules consistency, particularly for confidential resources.
- Stability/compatibility Fixes (crashes, hangs, etc.) : KAV 6, Cyberhawk , DELL and some other device drivers, McAfee
- IE unworkable proxy fix
- More known/supported applications in the Application Database, including Open Office and IBM Lotus Notes.