Joined: 05 Jun 2006
|Posted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 8:12 pm Post subject: GeSWall 2.5 is about to be released shortly
|GeSWall 2.5 is about to be released shortly. The Beta is available on demand, just contact our support.
This release is major one and contains these features/fixes:
- GeSWall's Policy Notifications that inform about GeSWall's restrictions, such as prevented modifications to files/registry/processes/etc. The Policy Notifications are useful for the first time to evaluate GeSWall’s policy and watch what it does actually. Additionally, policy notifications are useful for troubleshooting, constructing the rules for new applications and testing malware or suspicious files.
- Attacks Notifications - filtered policy notifications. GeSWall looks over blocked resources for particular patterns which indicate a malware activity. Once a such activity is detected GeSWall notifies about prevented threat. While the policy notifications are useful on purpose, when you adjust application rules or test some malware. Attack's detection is for regular use as it provides lowest output and only when it is really something suspicious.
- Reduced logs amount, GeSWall logs engine essentially sanitized in
order to reduce the number of irrelevant messages.
- Improved "switch to isolation mode" detection.
- Key loggers prevention fixes and improvements.
- Shell Extension - context menu "Run Isolated". So now you can start an application as isolated by Windows Explorer context menu.
- Marked Untrusted Files. Now you can easily recognize all untrusted
files, they will have a special icon overlay in the explorer and on
- Minor Console and pop-up dialogs improvements
- Fixes for the application rules consistency, e.g. for confidential
- Stability/compatibility Fixes (crashes, hangs, etc.)
- KAV 6
- DELL and some other device drivers
- IE unworkable proxy fix
- More known/supported applications in the Application Database.